Whether you write articles, columns, short stories or poems, your published content in newspapers, magazines and other periodicals is protected under the Copyright Act. If you’re a freelancer, you may own the copyright to your texts. Copibec makes sure you receive royalties when your content is used.
After you create your Copibec account, you can indicate how many texts you’ve published as a freelancer each year in any Quebec newspaper or periodical. Registering your freelance content gives you:
- Better control over how your content is used by Copibec licensees
- Royalty payments when that content is used
- Eligibility for lump-sum (repertoire) payments for freelancers
Enjoy the benefits of registering with Copibec:
- Ensure your rights are represented globally
- View your financial data to track royalty payments
- Get answers to your questions from our team of collective rights management specialists
It’s easy to register and there’s no membership fee.