Pay-per-use licences

A pay-per-use licence (specific authorization) must be requested from Copibec for any copying that exceeds the agreement’s authorized limits or any use that is not covered by the agreement:

You need a permission for:

  • Copying beyond the licenced limits
  • Permanently binding excerpts taken from different works (e.g. to create exercise books or coursepacks)
  • Uses not covered by the agreement (e.g. continuing education services for businesses)

The fee for copies not covered by the agreement is $0.10 per page, up to a maximum of 20% of the total number of pages in the work. If you would like to copy more than 20%, Copibec will contact the copyright owner on your behalf to request permission and, if applicable, confirm the applicable fee.

If you are not sure which types of copying are covered or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!