Visual artists, we invite you to register print publications published in Quebec — in 2018, 2019 and 2020 — in which reproductions of your visual artworks are included.
The registration period is open from March 9 to April 15, 2022
To be eligible for the 2022 Visual Arts Payment, at least one of your artworks must have been reproduced in a print publication — a book, exhibition catalogue, magazine or newspaper — published in Quebec between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2020.
Printed publications only
Only print publications are eligible. Any other type of publication will NOT be considered.
Online publications, videos, headlines, posters, etc. are NOT eligible publication types.
To register for payment
- Access your online account
- Click on Register for a visual arts lump sum payment in the left-hand menu
- Enter publications from eligible years (2018-2019-2020)
How to register publications
Complete the information, including the publishing house (or any organization that publishes)
- • Publications published in Quebec on paper
- • Publication years: 2018, 2019 and 2020 (only publications from these 3 years can be entered)
- • The number of works reproduced for each year and for each publication listed
- • SIN required: your Social Insurance Number (SIN) is required for payment to be made
If the payment is to be issued to a legal entity
- • Only personal businesses are allowed
- • Eligible publications must still be registered in your account
- • Please contact us at [email protected] to provide payment information
To be or not to be... a rights holder
The owner of the rights to reproduce a work of visual art:
Attention! You are NOT a rights holder of a work if you created it as an employee (e.g., a photographer employed by some newspapers) or if you have assigned the reproduction rights by contract.
Owner of the reproduction rights of a book :
Attention! Books for which you are the rights holder are NOT eligible for this payment if they are already listed in the Directory and your name is indicated in the "My Publications" section of your account. This applies in particular to children's books and comics.
Don't have an account?
Start here and follow the instructions to register.
What if the artist has passed away?
Please contact us at [email protected] as soon as possible to receive the specific form for this purpose. The deadline for registering or updating an account remains 15 April 2022.
Registration closes on Friday 15 April