Visual artists, we invite you to register publications published in Quebec — in 2019, 2020 and 2021 — in which reproductions of your visual artworks are included.
New! You can now register certain publications in digital format.
The registration period is open from March 15 to April 14, 2023.
To register for payment
- Access your online account
- Click on Register for a visual arts lump sum payment in the left-hand menu
- Please note! Publications entered in other sections of your account will NOT be eligible for payment for visual arts
- Enter publications that meet the criteria listed below
Publication types: books, exhibition catalogs, magazines or newspapers, programs (events, festivals, cultural centres, etc.)
- Not eligible: websites, social media posts, videos, articles, promotional material (posters, calendars, invitations, etc.)
- Titles of your work and accompanying articles should NOT be provided: only titles of books and periodicals will be considered.
Place of publication: Province of Quebec only
- Publications published outside Quebec will NOT be considered
Published by: publishing house or organization that publishes (ex.: cultural centre, municipality)
Publication years: 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Other years cannot be listed
Format: publications are now eligible in either print OR digital format
- Please note! Only one of the 2 versions of the same publication will be accepted (you must choose).
How to register publications
Follow the steps as indicated:
- First check if the document exists by entering keywords
- If the document does not exist in our database, manually fill in the title of the publication and the publishing house (or any organization that publishes: event or municipality for example)
- The ISBN (book) or ISSN (periodical) number is not mandatory, but greatly speeds up our verifications
- The number of works reproduced for each year and for each publication listed
To be or not to be... a rights holder
The owner of the rights to reproduce a work of visual art:
- You are NOT a rights holder of a work if you created it as an employee (e.g., a photographer employed by some newspapers) or if you have assigned the reproduction rights by contract.
Owner of the reproduction rights of a book (including children's books or comics):
- Books for which you are the rights holder are NOT eligible for this payment if they are already listed in the Directory and your name is indicated in the "My Publications" section of your account.
Don't have an account?
Start here and follow the instructions to register.
If the payment is to be issued to a legal entity
- Only personal businesses are allowed
- Eligible publications must still be registered in your account
- Please contact us at [email protected] to provide payment information
Registration closes on Friday April 14