1. No collection of personal information during browsing. COPIBEC does not collect personal information about you while you are browsing unless you order literature by e-mail or through downloads, send an e-mail to COPIBEC or subscribe to a specific service which requires that information.
2. Required information. In order to enable you to request information, subscribe to COPIBEC services or apply for a licence, COPIBEC requires certain personal information such as your name, e-mail address, postal code, credit card number, card expiration date, social insurance number, etc. For example, if you are a rightsholder and want to include your works in COPIBEC’s Repertoire, COPIBEC needs your SIN for tax purposes. Personal information is obtained by COPIBEC only if you supply it voluntarily. You may modify your user profile information and preferences at any time by sending an e-mail to Licensing and User Services at email@example.com If you would like to review any personal information provided to COPIBEC, have that information deleted or request that it no longer be used, you can send an e-mail to Licensing and User Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Additional information obtained for statistical purposes. Although certain information is automatically collected when you access this website, none of it enables COPIBEC to personally identify you. This information includes the domain name and IP address from which you access this website, as well as the type of web browser and operating system you use. COPIBEC uses this information for statistical purposes to evaluate user traffic and improve the website.
6. Links to other sites. This website may contain links to other sites. COPIBEC is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those websites operated by other companies. Any information you provide to other sites is subject to the privacy policies of the owners of those sites.
7. Security. Security measures have been implemented to protect this website against loss, interception or alteration of the information under COPIBEC control. Although every effort is made to ensure that no one else will see or obtain your personal data, complete confidentiality and security are not yet possible over the Internet. Internet use and communication is subject to interception, loss and alteration. You acknowledge and agree that COPIBEC is not liable for any damages you may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential or sensitive information over the Internet, and that all such communications will be at your own risk.