Whether you’re an author, short story writer, educational content creator, poet, science writer, cartoonist, playwright, translator or adapter, Copibec makes sure your rights are respected and you earn royalties when your content is used.
Registering with Copibec is easy and there’s no membership fee.
Are you a Quebec author? Enjoy a range of benefits by registering with Copibec:
- Ensure that your interests and rights are represented globally by a well-established organization
- Have more effective control over how your content is used
- Earn royalties when your content is used
- Be among the authors who can qualify for lump-sum (repertoire) payments
- Receive services and advice from a team specializing in copyright and collective rights management
Copibec can manage the reproduction rights for any work published on paper or in digital format, including:
- Poetry collections
- Magazine articles
- Comic albums
- Contributions to scientific publications
Make sure all your works are recorded with Copibec.
They may have been published in Quebec, Canada or abroad.
To add content, go to the “My publications” section of your account.
You can view your financial data at any time by going to the “My royalties” section of your Copibec account. Here’s what you can do there:
- View the stubs for all royalty cheques you’ve received
- Get information about your royalty sources
- Check whether a royalty cheque is still outstanding
- Find out the amount to indicate on your income tax return
Many authors don’t know that Copibec is holding royalties for them after their content has been used.
Refer to our list of unlocatable copyright owners.
Do you recognize any of the names? Be sure to notify us so we can ask them to register with Copibec!
If your name appears on that list, contact us!