Protecting publishers’ rights
Whether you’re a publisher of novels, comic albums, poetry collections, educational content, newspapers or magazines, you have reproduction rights. Copibec makes sure your rights are protected and your publishing company receives royalties when your various publications are used.
Rely on Copibec to manage rights on your behalf
Enjoy a range of benefits by letting Copibec manage your reproduction rights for you:
- Control the use of your publications in Quebec, the rest of Canada and in 33 other countries
- Earn royalties when your publications are used
- Receive detailed reports on how your publications are used
- Log into your publisher account and register your publications
- Get answers to your questions from our team of copyright specialists
Which rights can we manage?
When you give Copibec authority to manage your rights, you’re ensuring that your publishing company receives royalties for various types of content use:
- Compiling and distributing press reviews
- Coursepacks for education or training
- Emails or fax
- USB flash drives or secure networks
- Text re-entry in word processing software
- Document camera projection or PowerPoint presentations
- Large print
- Digital format for use with technology tools to assist with:
- Article reprinted in a newsletter
- Excerpt reproduced in a new work published by another publisher
- Content reproduced on a sign for an exhibition
- Book shown in a televised documentary or fictional story
- Reading content on radio or television
- Reading content during a public event
- Recording a story reading to be broadcast later
Make Copibec your rights management partner. It’s easy and there’s no membership fee. Contact us to sign a licensing agreement.
Which publications can be registered?
Copibec can manage the reproduction rights for any work published on paper or in digital format, including:
- Comic albums
- Poetry collections
- Sheet music collections
- Scientific publications
Make sure all your publications are registered with Copibec. To add content, go to the “Repertoire” section of your publisher account.
Your financial data
You can view your financial data at any time by going to the “My royalties” section of your Copibec account. Here’s what you can do there:
- Check whether a royalty cheque is still outstanding
- Get information about your royalty sources
- View details about all the royalty cheques you’ve been issued
- Get information about how your publications have been used so you can evaluate your market and prepare grant applications